Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"The Barn"

For those of you that don't know Utah County too well, let me tell you that sometimes there just aren't too many things to do for fun. I guess there's always the usual movie theater that you could go to, or there's always bowling, or maybe you could build a fire in the canyon with some friends. Every few weeks or so Apex or UVSC will usually have some dance going on....but let's just say that there's a lot more dry humping than dancing going on there, so it's usually not my favorite place to be. But let's be honest who likes to do that all of the time? Definitely not me! Don't get me wrong I love movies and I love bowling and shoot I even like being next to a fire and relaxing with the crew and I have been known for getting down at a dance or two but after a while it just gets old! So after giving all of those options a try I guess you have to get a little creative and find something that will get you and your buds excited. In comes "The Barn".
In a little place called Springville there exists a landmark that my friends and I always refer to as "The Barn". In this quiet little city there exists this creepy barn that has scared the pee out of many of my friends(literally). I'm not sure what it is about this place that's so creepy. Maybe it's the fact that it's by the railroad tracks and there's a possibility that crazy homeless serial killers live there. Maybe it's the fact that the Utah County Juvinile Detention Center is a block away. Maybe it's the fact that there's a rumor going around about the "Phantom Farmer" that protects his precious barn.....or maybe it's because it's a dark and old run-down place. Either way it's one of the places that never ceases to be fun to visit.
In fact this past weekend I took my buds Shea, Ashley, Luke, Mark, and Travis to this place. It was a blast! The place was as creepy as ever! Shea and Ashley refused to get within 25 feet of the building and they were both almost in tears as we tried to force them into the barn. Heck I'll admit that I've been there dozens of times and everytime I'm still a little bit freaked out. I hope that old place never loses its savor, and if one day that place is ever torn down you better believe I'll be there to protest the whole thing! I'll chain myself to that thing if I need to!

1 comment:

Tara said...

FYI...the so called "Phantom Farmer" admitted to us who he really was about a week after returning from his mish. Guess he felt some sort of guilt or something...who really knows. I haven't been in a while but it seems that it just wouldn't have the same spark that it used to when we thought there was some crazy kook running around down there!