Friday, November 16, 2007

Another Weekend

Ever since August it seems that my life has gone in fast forward. The weeks come and go and nothing really is ever accomplished. Last weekend was a little bit different, for once in my life I felt like I had actually accomplished something in life. I went to the wedding of one of my converts in Texas. She got sealed for time and all eternity in the Dallas Temple and as I was there to participate in the ceremony. At that moment I felt like I actually did something good with my life....I felt like I had made a little difference in somebody else's life. It's a feeling I can't really describe with words. I had a lot of time to think while I was there and I thought about how much her life has changed for the better. I don't know why I was one of the people to help in this change but I guess when all is said and done I'll know. I'm not sure which of the two of us got the better deal. Either way I can't complain and I'm just happy that I had the chance to try and help. It was great to see other people that I had taught and to see how much happier they were. Who knew that I'd get to know so many great people in only 2 years?! I'm really lucky I guess.
My buddy Luke is coming down from Idaho. He and I were pretty much attached at the hip for 6 weeks in a little town called Granbury. We had a lot of fun together and this weekend we'll be able to have even more fun because now we don't have to be in bed by 10:30 and awake by 6:30. Oh and now we can actually talk to girls without having to bring up the church, not that there's anything wrong with that :) It should be fun....but we'll see.

No comments: